Monday, July 26, 2010

The Ranch - July 24th

 
Look at who drove us to the Ranch.
{Maybe just the dirt road part}
I remember doing the same thing as a kid.


The Ranch is so beautiful.
Here are some of my favorite things.





















                                                         These horses did not listen to us.
                                                                           At.  All.  
                                               It may have something to do with the fact that
                                                            They don't speak English.





I am so embarrassed to tell you this, 
But I think you should know...
The horses just circled around the cabin.
At least 7 times.
We tried really hard getting them to go to

Hidden Cathy Pond
-Or-
Love Pond

But they always went back to the cabin.
And circled it.

I hope my Grandpa doesn't find out.
He would be so disappointed.
We definitely did not show the horses 
Who was boss.


                                        My cousin Cody ate fifty chicken nuggets in one sitting.
                                                      This is his blog about his experience.

                                          His dear sister Nika told him that it wouldn't be hard.
                                    So they decided to have her do this challenge at the Ranch.

                                                                      Pre-nugget pic


Nika getting set up.


 
                                                                     Here. We.  Go.

    
                                                                       Nugget #1


Box #1 down 
4.  More.  To.  Go.


Box #2 down.
3.  More.  To.  Go.


Nugget #22


Box # 3 down.
2.  More.  To.  Go.


Cody remembering what #39 feels like


Box #4 down.
1.  More.  To.  Go.


Starting to slow down.


A little stretching to make some more room.


3 more nuggets to go.


Last One!


Look how proud this brother is.



                                                            I love playing card games.
                                                              We usually play 7-up.
                                                         I don't know if we made it up,
                                                       What I do know,  it's my favorite.



Shay and I went on a hike
Down memory lane.

When we were little we called this place,
-The Kitchen-

It looks a lot different than we had remembered.
Much, much, much smaller



The monument.
We would always try to find the coolest
 Rocks to use.


A cool piece of glass Shay found



The "flat rocks"
We reminisced  the days we played Batman and Hercules.

We both remembered how we were always jealous because
Stacey always got to be poison ivy.
{She made being bad so cool}


                         We talked about how lucky we were as kids to have a place like this.
                 How lucky we were to have older siblings who helped us cultivate our imagination.
                                     And how lucky we still are to have a place like this.
                                It's so nice to get away from the world for a couple of days.

                                                    We loved sitting under these ledges.
                                                             {We used to fit perfect}





We came up with a new name for the 3 of us...
The Braid Brigade

It's perfect!
 Especially because of 

5 comments:

  1. Cristy, we love your post! The photos are amazing and we feel like we were right there with you at the ranch! Love it! The new updated blog is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristy I love reading your blog! I love the way you narrate? ( I cannot figure out how to spell that word! Who knows if its right!!)Anyways, You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! And great pictures--what camera were you using? And the chicken nuggets made me sick just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad we couldn't come! Looks like you guys had so much fun. My favorite is the pics of you and Shay on the horses, and I love that the horses speak spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like chicken nuggets, but not from McDonalds, and not that many of them! Holy cow, I wonder how long it will be before another one looks appetizing. That looks like such an awesome place for a kid to grow up! It's so much fun as a kid to have space outdoors to play around in.You'll have to continue on the tradition with your own kids. It looks like it's fun for adults too!

    ReplyDelete