Thursday, July 8, 2010

People of Walmart

I don't know if you've ever seen the website
People of Walmart

It is incredible.

When Shay, Nika, Kayli and I were driving to
Walmart, I told them all about it.

I said we needed to keep our eyes out for some
People of Walmart.

Shay and I spotted the man we call
Braid Man

I had a camera in my purse and grabbed it
because I needed a picture.

But I chickened out.
I thought my phone would be a little
less obvious...

Again, I chickened out.

I don't know if you know this,
I hate getting in trouble.

Anytime I do anything remotely bad
I get caught.

The first time I snuck out of the house
I broke my back.

That is why I avoid being naughty.

I knew my cousin Nika was brave.
She followed the braid man around for
At least 5 minutes to get this picture.

Let me tell you,
I have never been more proud of her.

Nika, thank you for this picture.
It makes my heart so very happy.

And Braid Man, just so you know,
Whenever something weird happens
We blame it on you.

We are not bad people but it just seems
Like the only logical explanation.

Like how Shay's new cellphone wallpaper
Mysteriously turned into the picture of you.

Or how when I went to turn the sprinklers on
At one of the rental houses and the sprinkler was missing,
I went home to get a new one and when I returned
It had been put back.

Shay said it must have been you and I think it was.

Braid Man,
We love this braid.
And we wonder questions like:

How long has it taken to grow it out
How often do you wash it
Does someone help you put the elastics in
Are you married
What made you decide to grow out such a long, long braid
Can we get a picture with you
What do you do for a living
Do you go swimming with it
Do children swing from it
Do you like the story Rapunzel

And I'm sure many many more

Now dear friends here is the picture.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



And yes, it almost reaches the bottoms of his shorts.

6 comments:

  1. WOw.... somehow I stumbled across your blog and its great! this is great! the Braid man is not messing around it seems! He fits right into the people of walmart page! I say Woot! to your find. He is gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that is awesome!! Cristy I love you! You are just my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This truly is one of the best things I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You should send that in to people of walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST EVER!!! Thanks for documenting all of our fun adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. Pretty sure I took a picture of this lady at wal-mart because she was barefoot, and wearing tweety pjs...and her hair was just a bit messy and she was wearing a coat and it was 100 degrees outside. And her mom that was with her was almost as awesome. I kind of felt bad for taking it, but I wanted to post it to that website. I still have it. I should do it.

    ReplyDelete