Friday, March 6, 2009

Rainbow Rock

I realized my love for art in High School.  I didn't really know that I was capable of creating things in this way until my art class my Junior year.  After graduating, I stopped drawing and it wasn't until November that I really felt like I needed to create something.  I never used oil paint in High School, really my favorite medium was pencil.  I was a little familiar with acryllic but really didn't know much about oil but felt I should give it a shot.  Last April my mom and I had a chance to visit my sister Shelly in Hawaii!  It was  a wonderful trip...  Her backyard had a cliff and the ocean of course.  It was amazing there was also this rock called Rainbow Rock, I'm not exactly sure where that name came from but it was so beautiful.  I painted this is November as a birthday present for Shelly.  After all these months I am finally posting it.  I know that it is no where near what I wanted it to look like but I usually have pretty ridiculous expectations for myself.  Happy late birthday Shell!  I loved every minute in Hawaii and especially Rainbow Rock well and of course the wonderful food....




2 comments:

  1. That's sooo pretty! It's so good it looks like you took the picture but you drew it. That's awesome. I wish I could draw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'll never be able to thank you enough for such a thoughtful, touching gift! My heart literally leaped for joy when I found out that beautiful picture was for me. Plus, late presents are the BEST!

    Love you Lots! xo

    ReplyDelete