Monday, January 19, 2009

Three Year Anniversary

Today marks the three year anniversary of when I broke my back (compression fractures L1 and L3).  It seems so crazy that it's been 3 years.  It's gone by fast and sometimes not so fast.  It was my first time sneaking out and it really was one of the craziest but exciting things I have ever done.  Although it was night time it was so bright because of the full moon.  It was so beautiful.  It was really peaceful.  Even though the night didn't end with the best of circumstance, it was a night I'll never forget and I'm sure that Danny, Dave, Lisa and Justin won't soon forget.  I was very lucky that nothing worse happened.  I walked out of that situation and looking back I can't believe how lucky I am, or actually how blessed.  I went sledding again for the first time since the accident about a month ago and nothing happened but I was really nervous, it's such an adrenaline rush though.  I went with Cameron, Bre, Tom, And Bre's cute friend and her husband who is from South African and has such a great accent.  We went sledding at the Sugarhouse Park.  We did all sorts of crazy trains and Cam and Tom did do some pretty crazy things.  Luckily no one was hurt, with the exception of some bruises...  I do think that my sledding days are soon to be over though.  I never realized how many tragedies occur with sledding I remember hearing so many at the hospital when I told them what I was doing and ever since people sharing stories or hearing about them on the news like the girl who was killed just a few days ago.  It's so sad that something that is just a fun winter sport can turn out to be a event that you will never forget. 

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you did that! It's amazing how well you've recovered from it. That's why I just stay inside. It's much safer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that so clearly and it always make me count my blessings and makes me realize how lucky I am to have you around! I sure love you Cristy Ann!!

    ReplyDelete