Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A new year, a fresh start...

2009 is going to be my year.  2008 was well to say the least nothing that i expected.  there were more twists and turns than i ever could have thought possible.  there were times when i felt like i was at the bottom of the pit of despair.  i learned more last year than i have learned my whole 21 years of life. it has been for my good.  now i look back on all that i learned and realize how much better a person i am for it.  for all the things that weren't so great, great lessons have been learned.  i am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who i know only wants the best for me and who loves me so much that he lets me go through hard trials.  the only thing i compare his love to at this time in my life is my niece Pearl.  i would do anything to keep her out of harms way or to make her life easier and pain free.  but i know that she would miss out on life.  life is messy, sometimes it doesn't make any sense but looking back you can always see what you have learned.  i wouldn't wish my past year on anyone but i know who i am.  maybe that was my lesson.  to find myself.  i know that with the end of a marriage and the loss of a job, that i have had many experiences that can help me relate to others.  i am thankful for those lessons.  i don't think i could have gotten through any of this with the help, love and support of such a wonderful support group.  my family, friends and so many others. to all who read this you have touched my life and helped me through a rough time and i am forever grateful.  thank you.  i love you. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! Cristy you really are an amazingly strong woman, and I admire the way that you've handled everything that has been thrown at you this past year. I really look up to you for it. I know this year is most definitely going to be a bette one. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristy,
    I'm sorry to hear that last year was a tough year for you. I have learned from my own trials that good things come out of bad situations. So I hope that even though you had some tough trials, that you will find some good out of it. It sounds like you have such a great attitude and that you have handled things really well. I sincerely wish that this year goes really great for you :)

    ReplyDelete