I meet a lot of very interesting people at work.
By interesting I mostly mean weird.
Very weird.
This past week or so, it seems like there
have been more weird than normal.
This older gentleman came in and the first thing
He said to me was:
OG (older gentleman): "So, you're Irish?"
Me: No. I'm German.
OG: No, you look Irish.
Me: My dad's side is German.
And I don't remember my moms side (sorry mom!) but it's not Irish.
OG: Well you really look Irish.
Me: Okay. I'll have to ask my mom.
OG: Well I've been to Germany and you don't look German.
It's really pretty there. You would like it.
Me: That's cool. I'm sure I would love it there.
So he sits down to fill out some paperwork.
I get back to whatever.
He brings it up and holds out his hand and says:
OG: "Have you ever seen these before?"
Me: "Marbles? Yes, I've seen them before."
OG: "Here, you can play with them."
Me: "No thanks, I've got lots to do."
OG: "I'll just set them here for when you're done."
Me: "Okay."
He sat back down.
He started talking to another man in the waiting room.
He was nice and friendly but just strange.
When Corina (the nurse) took him in the back, she told him to
empty his pockets and she said
his pockets were both full of marbles.
Some of them started falling on the ground
And she said "I guess you're losing your marbles!"
He started laughing and so did I.
When he came back out to leave I said:
Me: "Don't forget your marbles!"
OG: "I think you should keep them. To play with."
Me: "That's okay, they're yours!"
OG: "No, you really need to learn how to play with them."
Me: "No, they are yours."
OG: "I'll make you a deal, if you can hit this one with the other one,
then they are all yours."
Me: "Okay, deal.
He holds one, hands me the other and tells me to hit it.
I hit it.
I now have two marbles.
I'm not sure what to do with them.
That is awesome. Maybe the holiday season just brings out all sorts of awesome people. This makes me want to fill my pockets with things when I go to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteWow! You have some interesting experiences at work! Guess we better do some family research to find out if you are Irish . . .
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahahaa that is hilarious!! I love hearing your work stories!
ReplyDelete