Twenty years ago today,
My Grandmother passed away.
I was three-years old,
I only have one memory of her.
I remember sitting on the couch with her.
She was singing and smiling at me.
We were in the "Big Room" at her house.
When we went up to the Ranch on the 24th,
My Aunt Tonya and Aunt JaNae
Told some stories about her.
We LOVED hearing about our Grandma.
Ever since I was a little girl at 11:11
I would make a wish.
My Grandma passed that on to my Mom
And my Mom passed that on to me.
Over the years I made a new tradition for myself.
I would just start talking to my Grandma,
Telling her what was going on in my life.
And then I make a wish.
Here are some of the stories I know about her:
She loved Birthdays!
She would celebrate as long as possible.
She was always very giving.
So much that she had a very hard time accepting.
For my Aunt JaNae's birthday one year,
She decided to hire someone from her ward
To deliver a Singing Telegram.
{In her Seminary class}
Aunt JaNae did not love this.
-In fact, she was very embarrassed-
Oh, and did I mention that as 8-year-olds,
-We looked identical-
So much in fact that my mother had a
Dress made that looked just like hers and
I had pictures taken to match hers.
The picture of her and the picture of me are
Framed side by side in my room.
I love seeing it everyday.
Grandma June,
I love you.
I think about you everyday.
I can't wait until we meet again.
I love that picture of you and your grandma. Probably one of my favorites and I love the 11:11 wishes!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou should post the side by side pictures, I want to see them!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute to Grandma June. You are so much like her: thoughtful, compassionate, generous, helpful, and a great example of charity.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's been so long. I still remember her so well. She was an amazing person.
ReplyDelete