*Read with caution*
This is a mean and maybe inappropriate post.
But I needed to vent.
I would like you to know about my night at today.
There is this girl in her twenties who came in the other day.
Along with her she brought her child.
As well as her boyfriend who might as well be her child.
He seriously is worse than a two year old.
I would rather have 16 two year olds in a room than him.
Not kidding.
I'm not exaggerating.
I really would.
Tonight they came in again.
Different child though.
But still brought in the adult child.
Let me tell you a little bit about this
Man-child.
Both times he has come in he cranks the t.v. up
He doesn't ask, he just does it.
He pulls a chair maybe 3 feet in front of the t.v.
He doesn't care if he blocks anyone elses view.
He doesn't sit in the actual seat but sits on top of the chair.
Last time Justin (one of the M.A.'s) left his cheetos on the front desk.
His mistake.
Big big big mistake Justin.
This kid (his age may be in the range of 18-22)
Just walked up and grabbed a big handful.
He grabbed another.
And another.
And finished off the bag.
Seriously?
Is this real life?
Am I on a hidden camera t.v. show?
I felt
Confused.
Annoyed.
Shocked.
Appalled.
Uncertain of my life.
He kept coming up and asking for things like:
A cup of water.
Quarters for the soda machine.
Another cup of water.
And another cup of water.
Seriously, I filled his cup 3 times.
I started wondering if he was just pouring it out.
Normally I am happy to do little things for people.
But for him,
I was not happy.
Not happy at all.
Maybe he caught me on bad days.
I don't know.
I have never felt so much annoyance in my life.
I felt like it was a poison that was going to
Seep out of my skin and crawl on to his and kill him.
I felt toxic.
I was going crazy.
Tonight, he kept throwing the child over his shoulder.
He was doing some tricks that I'd never seen.
These tricks made everyone in the room nervous.
That's right there were other patients in the waiting room.
Now you may be thinking that I should of said something to the
Man-Child.
It was my responsibility.
But one thing you should know,
I run from confrontation.
Actually I don't always run.
Sometimes I curl into the fetal position.
You may be familiar with
Flight - Fight - Freeze
Well I'm more of a flight or freeze kind of gal.
I haven't the slightest clue about the fight part.
I am working on it and I have made some progress.
But let's get back to tonight.
He would always start things off by saying,
Can I ask you a question?
Every time I wanted to say no.
But I didn't.
I said yes.
One of those times he asked if he could play with the wheelchair.
I didn't even know what to say, so I said yes.
Once the M.A. pulled them into a room,
He kept coming out of the room and asking for:
Tissues.
Paper towels.
Hand sanitizer.
Otter pops.
And
How much longer the wait would be.
Somehow in the back of my mind
I kept wishing that Jack Bauer was there.
Life seems so much better with Jack Bauer.
All I know is that if he ever comes in again,
I will quit on the spot.
I'm Serious.
I don't know how he does what he does to me,
But he makes me feel so:
Vulnerable I could vomit.
Annoyed that if looks could kill, he'd be dead.
So frustrated that I could scream.
So Dear Man-Child,
Please never ever come back.
At least while I'm working.
Cristy, this was hilarious!! I'm really sorry about MAN-CHILD, and sorry you had such a bad day-- but glad this post came out of it :) I hope you can just relax tomorrow. Love you.
ReplyDeletep.s. I totally would have panicked and told him he could play with the wheelchair too. I hate things like that.
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes I can't believe that! I can't believe he was asking for otter pops and taking other peoples food. What wierdo! -Danelle
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, but I did enjoy a laugh. Only because I wasn't there though. Jack Bauer would have helped I'm sure. I bet you were really wishing you could have had someone take your shift after that. We need to get together again. I know we have crazy schedules, but I miss you!
ReplyDeleteSLIP SOME MUSCLE RELAXERS INTO HIS HUNDREDS OF CUPS OF WATER, AND LET HIM JUST LAY AROUND WHILE YOU THROW COLD PEAS AT HIM AND INVITE OTHERS TO DO IT... THEY WILL.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. For real? Someone actually acts like this in real life? And he supposedly has a child? What? Someone actually just went up and ate food that they knew wasn't theirs. What?! This just blows my mind. otter pops? Who asks someone at the check in desk for otter pops? Does he just think that every business randomly has them? You should make him one out of something nasty, just in case he comes in again. Like with a laxative in it or something, but then he might come back in for that...so scratch that idea.
ReplyDelete